This is me
I'm Tricia and I'm a 28 years old autistic multiinstrumentalist and composer. Yes, 'autistic'. I have Autism. Why I mention it is because I wouldn't do music if I wasn't autistic. I have always created music to soothe my feelings, my sensory processing disorder and things that I needed to soothe in order to not get a meltdown. And when I became an adult I realized I was kinda good at music too and that others liked what they heard. So I continued to make music, both for my own wellness and for freelance.
I have released music on Spotify under the name "Simply Avoranic", but in 2021 I wanted a new fresh start again and decided to publish music under my real first name instead.
Right now I'm working on new music (as I always do...) and I'm also taking a few courses on Berklee Online (Berklee College of Music via Coursera) to improve my musicianship. Mostly in Music Theory and Music Composition, but I planning on taking some courses in Music Production as well.
Questions & Answers!
Which software(s) do you use to produce music?
I mostly use Logic Pro for producing and recording my music.
Do you record everything yourself, or do you have any access to a studio?
I have no access to any studio, I have my own home studio in my apartment and I record all my music myself in my own home.
What equipments are the most essential in your music production?
I use my Keystation with 49 keys from M-Audio, an iRig microphone from K-Multimedia (which I just connect to my iPad), a microphone from Blue (snowball iCE) which I connect to my MacBook Pro computer and my different instruments such as the viola, piano, ukulele etc. I also use various apps such as drum pad apps, notation apps and digital music making apps on my iPad.
I aim to be as minimalistic as I can in my use of equipments in my music. I want to use simple, yet powerful equipments to make quality music even with not much money behind it. I want to show that anyone can make music the way I do, because I don't use any expensive studio!
- Behavioral Science at Cady Training Academy (Gothenburg, Sweden).
- The Wiccan religion and Metaphysics at Centre of Excellence.
Education: completed programmes/degrees/courses
- Diploma in Illustration at Forsbergs Skola in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Diploma in Photoshop and Photo Editing at Distansskolan, Sweden.
- Certificate in various types of Life Coaching at Transformation Academy, online studies.
This is just a selection of completed education, the ones I find relevant only.
- Published author of several books included (Swedish) "Parallellt Universum" and "Pillemariska Noveller".
- Contributed in several anthologies in Sweden, included "Poesi 10.0 - Jubuleumssamling", "Brev - Poetisk antologi med 140 brev" and more.
- Contributed with one of my first published books on Gothenburg Book Fair in 2013.
- Released my own music on Spotify, Apple Music and suchlike under the name "Simply Avoranic", Tricia Joy and under Avoranic Music Records.
- Freelance graphic designer and coder between 2012-2014.
- Freelance photographer between 2014-2017.
This is just a selection of accomplishments, the ones I find relevant only.